JANUARY 2017 – NINTH MEETING OF GST COUNCIL HELD

JANUARY 2017 – NINTH MEETING OF GST COUNCIL HELD

Announcement Date: January 16, 2017

There was a broad consensus for GST to be rolled out from 1st July 2017, instead of 1st April 2017. The issue of dual control was broadly resolved. States will have powers to assess and administer 90 per cent of the tax payers under Rs. 1.5 crores annual turnover while the remaining 10% would be controlled by the Centre. Tax payers with turnover more than Rs 1.5 crores will be controlled and administered in 50:50 ratio both by State and Centre. States can levy GST within 12 nautical miles.