E-way bill is integrated with invoice software, Movement of good values more than INR 50,000 needs invoices. This billing medium is not new but needs some understanding.
To simplify the process of transfer of goods, Government of India has made some modification to the e-way bill rules. E-way bill is integrated with invoice software, if a movement of goods values more than INR 50,000, needs invoices. This billing medium is not new but needs some understanding.
What is e-way bill?
In the 24th meeting of the Goods and Service Tax Council had decided to introduce a nation-wide transport bill payment for transfer of goods. It can be generated as well as canceled through the site to site integration, SMS and even from the Android application. Just like GST number, there will be a unique e-way bill number allocated to the recipient transporter and supplier for transfer of goods which values more than INR 50,000 will require e-way bill.
When to issue?
E-way bill is necessary for following conditions:
- When supply is made in the course of business,
- When supply is made not in the course of business, and
- For sale of goods, transfer to other branch and payment by goods instead of cash.
For some goods, it is necessary to have an e-way bill whether it values less than INR 50,000 such as Inter-state movement of Handicraft goods.
When not required?
E-way bill is not required when the distance between the transporter and receiver is less than 10 km and,
- Movement is done through a non-motor vehicle,
- Transfer of specified goods
- Transfer of goods from airport, port and air cargo complex or land customs station to Container Freight Station (CFS) or Inland Container Depot (ICD).
How to generate it?
It can be generated through website portal ewaybill.nic.in