Eight States’ assemblies passes its States Goods and Services (SGST) Act till now. These are :
- The Telangana Legislative Assembly passed the States GST Act on 9th April 2017.
- The Bihar Legislative Assembly passed the States GST Act on 24th of April 2017.
- While The Rajasthan Assembly passed its SGST ACT on 26th April 2017. (Download The Act here)
- Jharkhand passed its State GST Act on 27th April 2017.
- Chhattisgarh Assembly passed its States GST Act on 28th April 2017.
- Uttrakhand passed there States Goods and Services Tax Act on 2nd May 2017.
- Madhya pradesh Assembly passed that GST Act on 3rd May 2017.
- Legislative Assembly of Haryana Passes the States GST Bill on 4th of May 2017.
The Remaining States and Union Territories that have there Legislative Assemblies are likely to pass the States GST bill soon. The GST Council had already Approved the States Goods and Services Tax (GST) Bill on its 12th meeting which was held on 16th march 2017. The next meeting of GST council is scheduled to be held at Srinagar on 18-19 May, 2017. Target of the Government to roll out the GST regime on July 1, 2017.
Rates of GST
Under GST Services may be taxed at two slabs, 12% and 18%, goods are to be taxed at five different rates—5%, 12%, 18%, 28% and 28% plus cess. “There may be a special rate for gem and jewellery outside the other slabs, which could be anything between 2% and 5%. The GST Council will deliberate on this separately,” revenue secretary Hasmukh Adhia said at a workshop on GST last week.