THE TRIPURA STATE GOODS AND SERVICES TAX ACT,2017
to make a provision for levy and collection of tax on intra-state supply of goods or services or both by the State of Tripura and the matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.
Be it enacted by The Tripura Legislative Assembly in the sixty-eighth Year of the Republic of India as follows :
Short title, extent and commencement.
1. (l) This Act may be called the Tripura State Goods and Services Tax Act,2017:
(2) It extends to the whole of the Tripura;
(3) It shall come into force on such date as the state Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint:
Provided that different dates may be appointed for different provisions of this Act and any reference in any such provision to the commencement of this Act shall be construed as a reference to the coming into force of that provision.
2. In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,- [4 of 1882.]
(1) “actionable claim” shall have the same meaning as assigned to it in section 3 of the Transfer of Property Act, 1882;
(2) “address of delivery” means the address of the recipient of goods or seryices or both indicated on the tax invoice issued by a registered person for delivery of such goods or services or both;
(3) “address on record” means the address of the recipient as available in the records of the supplier;
(4) “adjudicating authority” means any authority, appointed or Tripura Gazette, Extraordinary Issue, June 16, 2017 A.D.
authorised to pass any order or decision under this Act, but does not include the Commissioner, Revisional Authority, the Authority for Advance Ruling, the Appellate Authority for Advance Ruling, Appellate Authority and the Appellate Tribunal;
(5) “agent” means a person including a factor, broker, commission agent, arhatia, del credere agent, an auctioneer or any other mercantile_ agent, by whatever name called, who carries on the business of supply or receipt of goods or services or both on behalf of another,
(6) “aggregate turnover” means the aggregate value of all taxable supplies (excluding the value of inward supplies on which tax is exports of goods or services or bothand inter-state supplies of persons having the same permanent Account Number, to be computed on all India basis but excludes central tax, State tax, Union territory tax, integrated tax and cess;
(7) “agriculturist” means an individual or a Hindu Undivided Family who undertakes cultivation of land-
(a) by own labour, or
(b) by the labour of family, or
(c) by servants on wages payable in cash or kind or by hired labour under personal supervision or the personal supervision of any member of the family;
To Download the Complete TRIPURA STATE GST Act in PDF : CLICK HERE